Education Coordinator Position
This position is a full-time position salaried exempt:
San Diego Theatrical Training Trust Fund seeks a self-motivated, highly-organized Education Coordinator to create, coordinate, instruct, and facilitate the educational programs and events for our rapidly growing Industry, Education and Apprenticeship program. Our programs include but are not limited to: All aspects of technical theater audio, lighting, scenic, staging, rigging and all aspects of corporate meetings and conventions technologies including audio, video, lighting and management. Courses covering basic through advanced training and include working with outside vendors and manufacturers to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching (formal or informal), producing high-quality educational and hands on training for Industry technicians and future union members: coordinating events, programs and training classes; and working within the Industry and Unions. The position will be employed by the San Diego Theatrical Training Trust Fund and reports directly to the Office of IATSE Local 122
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Education Coordinator will work with the various Education Department Committees and The Theatrical Training Trust in the overall operations of the Education Department. The Education Coordinator will plan, develop, coordinate, and implement the San Diego Theatrical Training Trust Funds activities, classes, and events.
- Teach and facilitate workshops, programs, and events including preparation, set up and clean-up. This includes coordinating with current Union members who are trainers.
- Create budgets and manage financial resources with the Education Training Trust.
- Aid in the selection and purchase of training equipment, with the Union committee heads.
- Work with trainers to adjust programs to the ability of participants as well as, modify programs in response to performance reviews, and/or program evaluations.
- Coordinate, plan, and schedule educational programs in conjunction with the various Union department committee heads. This includes working with vendors and/or manufacturers to set up training seminars either locally or outside of San Diego.
- Oversee administrative aspects of programs including registration and scheduling
- Create programs that align with the ever-growing needs of the industry and knowledge needed as a union member.
- Creation and development of new programs, department initiatives, and testing
- Participating in fulfilling San Diego Training Trust Fund and IATSE Local 122’s vision and goals as they relate to exhibits, programs planning, outreach efforts, events and other educational activities.
- Promote a positive interest in Audio, Video, AV, IT/Computer, Carpentry, Props, Rigging, Wardrobe, Hair and Makeup, Safety, Theater, Film & Television and Union activities by being an enthusiastic role model and facilitating learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please note that the responsibilities described above are not inclusive of actual job duties and is meant to give an applicant a basic summary of the position.
- College degree in Education
- Flexible schedule including weekends and/or occasional nights is required
- Teaching experience utilizing effective classroom management skills
- Ability to communicate audibly and clearly informal classes and quickly assess success of teaching techniques and able to keep group focused and attentive.
- Experience with design and facilitation of programs for adults’ audiences
- Experience with developing curriculum or lesson plans within the Industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel to off-site program locations and transport teaching support materials as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adapts and quickly responds to change in the work place.
- Participates effectively in teams with special attention to budget, deadlines, and priorities.
- Equal fluency in Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as the Apple suite of comparable programs; Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.
- Ability and desire to work with the diverse groups of all education levels and learning abilities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a strong work ethic and can work independently.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Has passion and excitement for growing a progressive educational / apprenticeship program.
- Is a critical thinker and creative problem solver.
- Is an articulate communicator.
- Consistently works in a positive and cooperative manner.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Continually seeks out solutions for process improvement.
- Has theatrical or production experience.
Send your resume via email to Sara@iatse122.org along with a brief description of your interest in the position and specific qualifications that you have that makes you stand out for this role.
This is a full-time position with a starting salary between $50,000 - $60,000 a year with full benefits