Local Union No. 122, International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artist and Allied Crafts of the United States, its Territories and Canada, AFL-CIO, CLC. Is hiring an Organizer.
Organizers are committed to helping workers win social and economic justice on the job through building strong unions both internal and external. Organizers are responsible for all aspects of assisting on union organizing campaigns, including campaign start-up, committee building, assessments, developing literature and running meetings and workplace actions.
Who should apply?
Prior to starting Organizers must have a demonstrated ability to do the following effectively:
- A commitment to social justice and organizing workers.
- Build relationships with workers one-on-one.
- Make accurate assessments.
- Find and manage campaign information.
- Build strong organizing committees.
- Communicate campaign messages clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Use strategic judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Organize and run worker meetings and actions.
- Organize self and materials in order to meet commitments.
- Work with a diverse team.
- Work independently within a plan.
- Work hard and learn new skills.
- Planning and directing campaigns.
- Strategic judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Developing campaign message and materials.
- Working with local leaders and volunteer member organizers.
- Flexible schedule including weekends and/or occasional nights is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel to off-site locations.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adapts and quickly responds to change in the work place.
- Familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Has a strong work ethic and can work independently.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Is an articulate communicator.
- Consistently works in a positive and cooperative manner.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Continually seeks out solutions for process improvement.
- Has knowledge of running a Social Media Campaign
If you have at least one year of union organizing experience and have demonstrated ability to do the above effectively:
Send your resume via email to Frontdesk@iatse122.org along with a brief description of your interest in the position and specific qualifications that you have that makes you stand out for this role.
This is a full-time position with a starting salary between $60,000 - $65,000 a year with full benefits which include Health, Annuity and Pension.